Choosing a solution provider for electronic parts manufacturing should be approached responsibly. A technology partner must meet certain basic requirements and, of course, must be able to respond quickly to any situation that arises once the equipment is supplied.
The engineering directors of companies that manufacture electronic parts need technological solutions that allow them to keep their production lines running, without having to take forced pauses for the manual inspection of parts, with which, in a supplier of machinery for the manufacture of its components, looking for a method that guarantees stability and growth.
In general, companies in the electronic sector try to make an evaluation of possible suppliers, with the sole objective of making the right decisions when doing business with a suitable partner.
For starters, when choosing a suitable electronics manufacturing solutions provider, companies in this industry are often guided by formal and non-formal criteria. The formal criteria are those that allow to reach a conclusion about the official status of the company. These can be certificates of registration, year of foundation and certificates, among others, while the informal ones are much more significant, since they show the “face” of the future partner in practice, so to speak, in real conditions, in which you have to be with him.
In this sense, we want to share the main characteristics that a partner of equipment for the manufacture of electronic products must have:
- Stability of compliance with contractual obligations: It seems obvious, but an important point to take into account is 100% fulfillment of orders, without interruption of deliveries, shipping and delivery exactly on time, without underloading or incomplete deliveries of goods, timely and accurate notification to the buyer about the shipments made. That is, the fulfillment of the promises that were received in the initial negotiations stage. Very often, providers promise certain guarantees but, when it comes to acting, in many cases they do not honor them.
- Stability and quality of the manufacturing machinery supplied: The quality of the equipment and machinery is even more important than the price, since in many cases price is only a relative indicator and it is not practical to consider it separately from quality. Pay attention to the guarantees that the provider gives and prescribes in the contract.
- Personalized advice: Having an expert advisor greatly simplifies and speeds up your interaction with your provider. It is not necessary to explain elementary things “from scratch” to each new representative of your supplier. A person who can serve you and dedicate himself to your project can always respond quickly to a more unexpected emergency request and, despite the fact that your company has limited specialization, you can source any product, arrange delivery to the most remote areas and comply with conditions that others could not cope with.
- Reactions to claims made for the quality of the products or for compliance with the terms of the contract:How do your supplier representatives behave in difficult situations? Does the provider take appropriate action in 100% of claims cases, or every time they try to challenge them, even if their validity is obvious? Does the supplier voluntarily change the product with quality deviations or agree to reduce the price of said product proportionally? Does the provider take the initiative to resolve disputes or do you have to call and write long letters with requests to resolve the dispute? This is perhaps one of the most important criteria, since when there is no cause for conflict, all providers are good. But when contentious situations arise, many of these companies are portrayed in an entirely different light.
- Is the provider ready to solve non-standard tasks? The electronic components market is characterized by the process of eliminating obsolete products from production, that is, the life cycle of electronic parts is relatively short, therefore, when collectors need discontinued components for new products or to repair the old ones, many suppliers, especially official distributors, refuse to supply, offering replacements. In this sense, we must look for companies that control the availability of electronic components by availability and are capable of meeting the required need. It is true that these companies often specialize in certain brands and do not supply the full range of existing components.
- Report on the status of equipment delivery at each stage: Timely and accurate notification to manufacturing companies about the exact location of the order, allows the engineering or production directors to “stay up to date”, and in case of “Force majeure”, anticipate promptly or, at least, minimize the consequences. It is well known that when, on the promised day of arrival of the machinery to the warehouse, many suppliers report that the delivery of these solutions is delayed indefinitely. An example of how this works in our company can be found in the description of the finished project.
How can you tell if an electronic parts manufacturing solution provider is right for you?
Although we have detailed some of the characteristics that a correct electronic machinery supplier must have, it is possible that many times the person in charge of engineering, production or, even, the purchasing department, looks for more information about a certain supplier before contacting him. .
In this regard, a quick investigation should be carried out, which should include the following aspects:
- Read comments and recommendations: When analyzing a new supplier of equipment for the manufacture of electronic parts, request comments from other of their customers and read what is written there about the quality of their machinery or service, the contractual obligations fulfilled, the reaction to complaints and activity of a personal manager. There is a chance that the reviews are not entirely objective, but would you write a good review to a vendor who disappointed you, delivered poor quality products, missed a deadline, and gave you a headache? Of course, we must remember that negative reviews are unlikely to be provided. Therefore, we move on to the next point.
- Existing Customer Surveys: Any trusted vendor who really has nothing to hide will provide their referral list with a list of existing customers upon request (and some submit it themselves). The idea is to look at similar or nearby companies on this list and request all the reference information you need.
- Completed Projects: Some vendors periodically post descriptions of typical completed projects on their websites. These are also called “Success Stories”. A completed project or case involves a step-by-step description of the project, from the causes of the problem for the manufacturing company, to the ways to solve it and the results obtained. Explore a potential vendor’s site or request a project description from a company representative.
- Search for information in open sources: There are official data from suppliers and can be found on the Internet. In this way, you can find out about litigation, causes and consequences of these processes.
One tip that may work for you is to place a trial order with a small volume of what you really need. That way, you could get an idea of how your electronic parts manufacturing solution provider works. In what aspects? In the speed of response to the request, the speed of order processing and the availability of the assigned advisor and the quality of the products, the integrity and the delivery time.
Ultimately, choosing an electronic parts manufacturing solution provider is a time-consuming process. For manufacturing companies, it is essential to know that this partner fits your business and to what extent it fits into your concept and mission, to what extent your views on the business coincide with theirs. That is, as practice shows, the higher the matching percentage, the greater the chances of establishing long-term mutually beneficial cooperation.
At SMTVYS , our goal is to deliver smart value and innovative electronic parts manufacturing solutions promptly to enable companies in the manufacturing sector to be successful in their electronic manufacturing services. We do this through a supply and support service, advice and applications, with which we provide a high level of knowledge in technology and manufacturing processes.
Since you are interested in choosing a solution provider for the manufacture of electronic parts, we invite you to contact an SMTVYS sales associate now , who will generate a meeting to learn about your particular case. In this way, we can perform an evaluation “on site” and offer samples, before making a quote.
Finally, we invite you to subscribe to the newsletter specialized in production machinery for the electronics industry to receive, in your email inbox, articles and technical content for the optimization of processes in the electronic sector.